Sunday, March 4, 2012

He's spoiled and I know it...

My oh my how time flies...I didnt realize that in working part time I would be so incredibly busy! It really is not difficult with four busy boys to find things that need to be done.  In the last month there has been much excitement! Benjamin's basketball team one their area tournament so we received a bid to state.  They did wonderful! We play up a year, almost two for Ben and we stil placed 5th in the state.  I could not be more proud of my boy! The last game we were down by 14 points with about 8 minutes left..Ben hit two threes in a row to help us get caught up..we ended up losing by 1.  Boo.  It was a great experience for all of them! We also had my best friend Mindy's baby shower a couple of weeks ago!!! Cant wait to meet my little Taterbug and see her enjoy her new love!!!Now to the title of my post...

My sweet baby, Bostyn had his 3rd birthday February 17.  I had such a great time planning his Thunder Themed bday party! I have never seen a child so obsessed with a sport at such an early age, including Benjamin.  Bostyn had a blast playing basketball at his party that he didnt even want to eat cake! Ha.  Crazy, but in the last couple of weeks since his party, I have noticed he is becoming so much more grown up.  He is using bigger words and his pronounciation is so precise.  He is having more adult like conversations...all of which is leading me to wondering...where did my baby go? I think it is natural to "baby" the youngest just a tad bit more than the others...but I feel this one could be getting out of hand...okay maybe I dont feel but I think my husband may feel.  It is like I know he is getting bigger by the day and I know that he is my last baby so I just want to cling on to everything I can.  I am still fortunat enough that he wants to take naps still in his momma's bed and often wants me to lay with him.  I will let that go as long as I need! Ha ha.  I am pretty sure that the spoiling factor goes into being the youngest..I can so remember my little sister getting away with so many things that were just something I never would (mom...you do not need to comment :)but never thought I would actually be doing the same thing with mine.  The other night at dinner, I gave each of the little guys a bendable straw to use in their root beer...Bostyn decided that he wanted a different color of straw, so without even thinking, I walked over and got the color he wanted.  Blake laughed and made some smart comment.  I am trying to be aware of what is going on but the kid is just so darn funny and cute and it makes it tough.  So yes, he's spoiled and I (and he) know it. :)

Exciting time next week- Blake and I get a mommy/daddy get away to California!! He is going for work and he so graciously invited his wife! This will be the first time in the 5 years that we have been married that we have been out of the stat together...alone! We are going to LA and then spending our last couple of days in San Diego.  I was just in SD last year at this time for my brother's wedding! Love Cali! I will have some girl time while Blake is at the door plant and I have called in a fantastic chica..a wonderful friend of mine that lives in San Diego...we have been friends since elementary school! Cant wait to hang out with her in LA and then meet her hubbs when we go to SD.  Anyhow, looking very much forward to a much needed get away with my husband but will very much so miss my kiddos! This is the first time ever that Blake and I have both left Bostyn at the same time for longer than two days! EEK! I know they will be in great handss with all of my parents, still just a little nervous.  Here are a few pics from the Thunder bday party and the last month!

My BFF


My lil angel having donuts for bday breakfast!


Brotherly love on a bday!


My boy "Bennie" with the jump ball!!


My BFF and my oldest..Aunt Mindy couldnt believe he was taller!


My reason for living!!! Such a blessed lady I am!

Well, it is now time to get back to reality...I have almost exceeded my alloted mommy time per day, so I will have to catch back later! Love, AMY

No comments:

Post a Comment