Saturday, January 28, 2012

When a boy has to go he HAS to go!!!

What is wrong with people!? So Thursday, I had just picked up the little guys and not two minutes after we get in the car, Bostyn informs me that he needs to go potty.  Well, with this kid, he is so busy, that when he tells me he needs to go he has waited until the final moment before he is literally going to pee his pants.  So, against my OCD talking in the back of my head...first place I could pull into was a Circle K.  This is close to five (long day at the office) and so the place is super busy.  Alright, so I unload both little guys and we head to the bathroom. Of course, I have a two year old literally shaking because he has to use the potty so bad and what do ya know- there is a line for the girls restroom.  So, what does this mommy do!? This is not my first rodeo..we bee line into the men's restroom- VOMIT! I immediately look at both boys and very loudly say "hands up...don't touch a thing".  It was so nasty.  Anyhow, so they both pee and everything was fine.  Here I was in my heels and i put my foot up on the handle to flush the toilet...and may have sanitized the bottom of my shoes. So I go to open the door and there is a man standing out there and totally flips out on me because I had my boys in the men's bathroom and he needed to use it.  Really? He asked me what my problem was and asked me if I could not read the sign.  At this point, both my 4yo and 2yo have huge eyes thinking this man is scary.  I thought very quickly- I could do the next right thing and just keep walking and show the boys the right thing to do...or I could tell him what I really thought about his nasty display of actions in front of my children (and maybe accidentally strongly bump into him- crap that wouldn't work, I was holding B).  So I simply just looked at him and said, "Sorry Sir, I will pray for you."  He was stunned, wasn't sure what to say.  We proceeded back to the car and when I was buckling Madixx he said "Mommy, do you think that man would be that mean to God?" Wow...I just looked at him and said, "Max, I am not sure if that man knows God, and that is why we will pray for him."


While I was a little irritated in how the man was acting in front of my boys, I was very thankful that my boys know God enough to wonder if that man knew God.  Amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment